Some ideas on how to bond with your tween over School Vacation …
- Exercise together – this can give you talking time and accomplish something healthy all at the same time.
- Do a Puzzle or Play a Board Game together – great time to talk while not staring at each other!
- Pop some popcorn, plop on the couch, and just relax with a movie!
- Volunteer together – doing something meaningful together can be a great bonding experience.
- Cook dinner together as a family. It won’t hurt to turn up the music and dance together in the kitchen too!
- Pull out that Baby Book (or whatever pages you have of their Baby Book if you haven’t exactly kept up with theirs like me!)
- Treat them to a special outing with just you: a manicure, a yoga class, a trip to their favorite store or restaurant.
- Relax and enjoy the holidays together!