So the dreaded letter from school arrives in the mail. It is a warning you that your child will soon be learning about puberty in school.
What will the letter say? ?
- The girls and boys will be separated to learn about puberty.
- As a parent, you have the ability to preview the puberty video if you come to the office and request a viewing. (How many people actually take the time to do this???)
- You have the right to excuse your child from this lesson (Please don’t do this!)
So what should you do? ?
- Talk to your child FIRST. Don’t let school, their friends, or the internet be your child’s first teacher on this topic.
- Seek help if you need help talking about puberty. Use a book, ask your doctor, or simply sign up for Turning Teen. 🙂 As pediatricians, Dr. Carrie and I talk about puberty every single day – so take advantage and learn from the experts!
So how does a mom and daughter that has been to Turning Teen react to this letter?!?! ?
- With a big smile. And a lot less worrying and scrambling because Turning Teen graduates are comfortable, knowledgeable and body literate.